Weekends, football and beer go together like beer and, well just about anything (within reason and within the law of course). So, to start your weekend out right, think about this, what is the most memorable and tasty 6 pack you ever had? I know you are not saying you have not consumed all 6 beers from a sixer at once and if not, use your imagination to get the visual. Here lies the answer to what you should pick up for the weekend. My recommendations for finding the right 6 pack of beer are:
- Try something new but within the beer family you like (e.g. ale, wheat, pilsner, stout, kolsh, etc.)
- Try local – local beers are always a good conversation starter if the 6 pack is going to be shared and if it is not so good, you are supporting the local economy (this time). In Arizona, you cannot go wrong with 4 Peaks Brewing Company.
- Don’t go cheap unless you are in a Trader Joe’s – If the beer store is known for stocking good quality beers (like TJs) then you typically can’t go wrong. For example Oranjeboom beer is available in a six pack tall boys for under $5 at Trader Joe’s. Tastes like Heineken, is in 16 ounce cans and I think might be better (especially the price).
- Avoid novetly beers – The Cave Creek Chili Beer was bad before the chili was added (how do you think it got there in the first place).
- Go seasonal – Summer beers, Winter Ales, Octoberfests and other seasonal brews are only available in the season so it is worth trying or you will be waiting until next year if it is truely a seasonal beer.
Last point…enyoy and drink responsibly…unless you have a driver.